The Franciscan Friars of the United States (USFranciscans) are excited to announce the release of FRIAR App 2.0 with new features that expand the way we connect via the app.
In version 2.0 of the app, new features are designed to increase the ways that you can connect with others in this prayer community. You can now:
- comment on prayer intentions,
- view Facebook profiles to learn a little more about each other,
- email other users,
- see more easily anyone who has joined, commented on or lit a candle for your prayer, and
- be notified when new items are published via the app.
(You, of course, have the ability to control how much or little of your information is shared.)
NEW! Find US
One of the most exciting new features of 2.0 is the Find US feature. Now, no matter where you are in the United States, opening the Find US feature will show you all of the Franciscan places near you. This will allow you to find Franciscan churches, retreat centers, houses of prayer and other ministries near you at any time.
Download the App Today
The Friar App is a first-of-its kind app for smart phones that creates a unique communal space for prayer by allowing you to request prayers, join in the prayers of others and have Franciscan friars across the country and others pray for you. Since its inception, the Friar App also allows you to have a real candle lit for your prayer (or someone else’s prayer) in an actual Franciscan church.
If you have not yet downloaded the Friar App, now is the time. The app is available in both the Apple App Store for iPhone and the Google Play Store for Android smart phones, and can be found by clicking on the appropriate link or scanning a QR code below.
There is no cost to install the app or to submit or join in prayer requests. There is a small fee to cover the cost of lighting an actual candle. Download it today!
Latest posts by Jim McIntosh (see all)
- Come-and-See Online Vocational Retreat December 2020 - October 19, 2020
- Come-and-See Online Vocational Retreat September 2020 - September 8, 2020
- Novices Make First Vows - July 5, 2020